"The only acceptable answer to the question: 'Is nothing sacred' is 'No.'"
- Christopher Hitchens
"I'll sleep when I'm dead"
- Warren Zevon
"Call on God, but row away from the rocks."
- Hunter S Thompson
The Answer Is The Title
What the name of the flight school in Top Gun?
Actually it’s called Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor (SFTI).
Naval Fighter Weapons School
Airvard University’s School of Launchonautics.
Goose’s Center For Guys Who Can’t Eject Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too Like Not Dying
San Diego Academy for Homoerotic Volleyball.
Without getting into too much detail…
I could live a very, very long life and never beat what I did yesterday.
More to come…
You go cutting sutures “EXACTLY 3mm DR TUDOR NO MORE NO LESS” on a beating heart and tell me your balls don’t shrink to the size of English peas.
I also want to know you YOU are doing
1) 12.3 miles in 1:45:19. First double digit run in nearly 2 months. August and September were difficult months for a lot of reasons, and once I bailed on my 100 miler it was hard to get motivated to run long. Current goal is a Boston Qualifier in late December, so serious training starts this week.
1a) I seem to have this weird thing where I can go run really fast and feel fine, or really slow and feel fine. But If I try right in the middle, I immediately want to fucking die. I’m weird.
2) Orthopedics was over, I really enjoyed it but awfully glad I’m not going a surgical route. I enjoy the hell out of surgeries, don’t get me wrong, but 6 years of residency/fellowship of that might kill me. Also fixing broken bones is kind boring after a while
3) Tomorrow starts a month of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery. They’ve apparently never had a medical student sign up for the service so it’s a big unknown. I’m either going to be bored to shit because they’re not going to let me do anything, or terrified because they’re going to actually ask me to help. I’ve scrubbed into a couple of cases before with them and there is some serious pucker factor when you’re messing about with a heart the size of a quarter.
3a) Surgical loupes give me fucking migraines, so I’m carrying the biggest bottle of ibuprophen you’ve ever seen.
4) I have a serious surf guitar fetish, and found a very nice Spotify playlist that is tending to that need.
5) Watched “No Country For Old Men” again last week. The older I get, the more identify with with Ed Tom Bell.
What’s up wich yall?